Sunday, March 3, 2013

Subtle Captivation: Change: New Years Goals

I recently (aka, just an hour or so ago) read a post by a friend (check her out over at A Novel Life) about New Year’s Resolutions. Here, read the post and then come back. Don’t get lost in her amazing and thought jerking posts quite yet.

Read it? Good, let’s continue.

I agreed with basically everything she said, and realized that I actually haven’t written and New Year’s Goals (if you didn’t read her post you’ll probably be a bit confused here). I have “flimsy” thoughts of basically what I want to do. So here I am going to show you how to break down your flimsy goals into achievable ones.

Flimsy Goals: 
Lose Weight 
Get in shape 
Get closer to God 
Get Tan 
Become a Beast 

Let’s break ‘em down.

Lose Weight 
I want to weigh 115 by May

Get in Shape 
I want to be able to run a half marathon, have my splits, and have defined abs.
  
Get Closer to God 
I want to read the entire Book of Mormon again

Get Tan
I want to look like an Oompa Loompa. Just kidding, I’d like to get a nice golden tan to make all my Alaska friends jealous.

Become a Beast 
I want to be able to do pirouettes en pointe’, a vertical penche, bring my leg up to my ear, and do a back hand spring.

Now the goals are a little more defined, but they can get even better. Let’s make a little plan.

Lose Weight 
 I want to weigh 115 by May.
  • Do the Smoothie Detox Diet we do smoothies instead of juice because you get more out of it.
  • No juice/soda in March 
  • No sweets of any kind in April 
  • Go on daily walks/runs 

Get in Shape 
I want to be able to run a half marathon, have my splits, and have defined abs.

Get Closer to God 
I want to read the entire Book of Mormon again
  • Read three chapters of the Book of Mormon every day 

Get Tan 
I’d like to get a nice golden tan to make all my Alaska friends jealous.
  • Sunny days at the water park 
  • Tan in the back yard 
  • Go on walks on sunny days 
  • Spend time in the sun, reading or doing homework 

Become a Beast 
I want to be able to do pirouettes en pointe’, a vertical penche, bring my leg up to my ear, and do a back hand spring.
  • Practice balancing on one leg, core engaged, on demi pointe and then with pointe shoes 
  • Continue ab and core training 
  • Stretch all the time 
  • Practice back hand springs, maybe find a studio doing tumbling classes  
  • Take private ballet classes 

You can add so much more detail to your goals. I have work out plans written up and placed all around the house to remind me to do them. I’m going to add more detail to my plans and print them and pin them to my walls, that way I won’t forget. By breaking your goals down into detail and specifics, they become more achievable and you’re less likely to say “It’s too hard” or “It’s not that important”. Pick things that are important to you, and stick with it.

Well, there ya go. That's my tidbit for today.

~La vie est belle, Bri~

No comments:

Post a Comment