Monday, January 21, 2013

Subtle Captivation: People Around Me: Week Three


1/14/13 People Around Me
Today was stressful and busy. Megan went to the hospital to be with my grandma during her surgery, and Ben and I attempted to get things done as well as entertain the kids.

1/14/13 People Around Me
We went to visit my grandma in the hospital, and I found out that there is such a thing as a hot doctor! Or, in this case, intern shadowing my grandma’s doctor. He was attractive, but not only that, he was caring and talkative, making conversation with my grandma as he did his work (aka, gave her a shot of pain meds). That’s my three pence for today. Cute doctor. Yep.

1/15/13 People Around Me
First dance class! I was super-duper nervous, thought I wouldn’t be good enough. Psh, um, I rocked that class. AND, I get to go on pointe *major freak out* The girls in the class are really nice and the teacher is too. As a side note, the teacher looks and acts like a 16 year old, but she’s 20, and married. Can you tell she’s Mormon?
Also, stayed up super late talking to Mason because of the time difference. That was entertaining :D

1/16/13 People Around Me
Spent today nursing a sick Kaleb; poor thing had a high fever and threw up all last night. I walked to mutual with Ashlee, and had a Personal Progress Night. Ashlee is turning 18 on Tuesday! I am either way too mature for my age, or she’s immature for her age. Maybe we meet somewhere in the middle? Ah well, hoping to go get fitted for pointe shoes tomorrow. J

1/17/13 People Around Me
I know I haven’t posted any pictures yet, and I’m going to, I swear! It’s just been hard enough to make sure I post on time and write something about each day. I realized I created each theme as if it were only going to be photography and that it’s really hard to write about someone every day, especially when you’re at home most of the day and week like I am now. So bear with me as I figure out how to do this.

Today was a big day. Do you know why? Well, I guess you do, considering I said so already, but I went and got fitted for pointe shoes! The first six shoes (in various sizes) weren’t working very well, my foot was jamming against the front of it and they were uncomfortable; ore uncomfortable than they should have been. But then she brought out this beautiful sleek Grishko shoe and it was magical! It fit perfectly, or as perfect as it could be without being made for me. I’m kind of in heaven. Or at least on the staircase, as I have to go back and buy them a different day because I didn’t have enough money today *facepalm* $117 including the shoes, toe pads (which will last two years), elastics, and ribbon. Not too bad.

1/18/13 People Around Me
You know it’s bad when you start thinking “It’s only Friday?”. Adelaide had a doctor’s appointment today, so Ben, Megan, and her left early this morning. Spent most of the day trading off children (while Paxton slept, Kaleb played, while Kaleb played, Paxton slept), editing pictures, and I got to watch a live interview on HSNLive with Josh Groban! YEEES.
An old woman skyped during the show to ask Josh a question, and she had a cardboard cutout of Josh Groban behind her. WHAT?!

1/19/13 People Around Me
I cleaned the living room and kitchen today, organized it, and surprisingly had a lot of fun. Then I went downstairs and did my make-up and curled my hair just for the heck of it. THEN, Ben took me to get my pointe shoes from the store where they were holding them for me. Now I need to sew the elastic and ribbons on. I’m nervous that’ll I’ll do it wrong.
Next month you’ll get something more creative for a post, but this month I kind of just did what I could.

1/20/13 People Around Me
Kimber got home, yaaaaay!!! Also, I started sewing my pointe shoes. Be proud. Although I only did finish one shoe…
We went to Walmart. I freaked some people out I was so hyper and happy to be out. Anyway. Ben’s dad is here now, too. He loves the kids, and they absolutely adore him.

No comments:

Post a Comment