Tuesday, February 18, 2014

How can I get a job at Disneyland?

It's been awhile since I've posted, obviously. If you're new here, this happens a lot. My blog isn't my priority in life, it's more of a fun side project that I come back to every so often.

You know that post where I talked about working at Disneyland? I've basically planned the next four years or so around it. I put a whole lot of energy into finding out how to get a job at Disneyland. What kinds of jobs do they offer? Most importantly, how can I become a Disney Princess? I began researching what exactly Disney character/performer audition directors are looking for, and I found some incredibly helpful articles and YouTube videos on the subject.

The first website I referenced was the Disney Audition's Official Website. Although helpful information is included about when and where auditions are, basic audition etiquette and requirements, and a simple run down of what the audition might look like, the details are not too clear. That's when I moved to Google to find other articles that participants might have written and found this little gem. The basic seven tips aren't the only information on this page! Make sure you scroll past #7 to find the other useful tips that aren't included in the main list.

One of those most informative things I've found so far though is this YouTube video. It's in two parts, and rather long, but she talks about the entire audition process. She also has a couple other videos about her experience.

When Disney says they're looking at your appearance, they are looking at everything. She talked about how they got right up in her face, looking at her teeth and moles, and then at her hands and nails.  Everything about her was analyzed in order to make sure she would fit the role they were considering filling. When she got the part, she had to learn to talk, walk, and act like her character (in this case, Alice). I'm sure I'm not the only one who has seen videos of people following Peter Pan all over the Disney parks. Those guys embody what it is to be Peter. They walk, talk, and act like him. Not only that, they're improving the entire time, taking the things they learned how to do and using it and more around the park.

You might think it's harsh how critical the casting directors are, but think about it like this; they're trying to make the park as magically authentic as they can. Not everybody can play a certain character, or any character. As fun as it would be for me to be a Disney Princess, I would appreciate any chance to work in the magical world of Disney.

So there you go. A short post with some helpful links to help you with your dream of working for Disney.

~La vie est belle, Bri~

No comments:

Post a Comment